NSW Public Works is looking for talented students enrolled in their 2nd or 3rd year of study of a related degree to participate in the NSW Public Works Cadetship Program.
You will need a strong record of academic achievement, a willingness to respond to a challenge, and an enthusiasm for professional growth and development.
As a NSW Public Works Cadet, you will be offered access to on-the-job training that will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to become a high quality project officer or engineer and to underpin a future career within NSW Public Works and the wider New South Wales Public Service.
The Cadetship Program is specifically focused on recruiting talented and motivated people currently studying:
- Engineering: Civil, Environmental or Marine Science/Natural Resources
- Building / Construction Management
To be eligible to apply for a Cadetship opportunity within NSW Public Works you must:
- Be in your second or third year of a degree in one of the above disciplines
- Have maintained a minimum credit average throughout your degree
- Be an Australian citizen or be an Australian permanent resident
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement with NSW Public Works which sets out the terms and conditions of the Cadetship
- Have not previously resigned or been terminated from a cadetship in the NSW Public Service.
Cadetships for 2012 have closed.