We are not recruiting cadets in 2014. Our next cadet intake will be in 2015.
NSW Public Works is looking for talented students enrolled in their 2nd or 3rd year of study of a related degree to participate in the NSW Public Works Cadetship Program.
You will need a strong record of academic achievement, a willingness to respond to a challenge, and an enthusiasm for professional growth and development.
As a NSW Public Works Cadet, you will be offered access to on-the-job training that will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to become a high quality project officer or engineer and to underpin a future career within NSW Public Works and the wider New South Wales Public Service.
The Cadetship Program is specifically focused on recruiting talented and motivated people currently studying:
- Engineering: Civil, Environmental or Marine Science/Natural Resources
- Building / Construction Management
To be eligible to apply for a Cadetship opportunity within NSW Public Works you must:
- Be in your second or third year of a degree in one of the above disciplines
- Have maintained a minimum credit average throughout your degree
- Be an Australian citizen or be an Australian permanent resident
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement with NSW Public Works which sets out the terms and conditions of the Cadetship
- Have not previously resigned or been terminated from a cadetship in the NSW Public Service.