Multiple regions Key Worker Teacher & Police Housing
Since 2018, NSWPW has been constructing, acquiring, and refurbishing teacher and police housing, with a commitment to use local suppliers to benefit communities.
During Covid, NSWPW was instrumental in delivering 125 major refurbishments, 392 heating cooling and solar installations, and 12 new builds across the state. With Covid now a distant memory, NSWPW is embarking upon delivering three critical programs:
- The new Supply Program which sees a combination of New Builds, Acquisitions and Major Refurbs to bring new Teacher and Police Staff into regional areas.
- Heating and Cooling Program which will see 738 homes across the state have EVAP units decommissioned, replaced with HVAC and PV Systems
- DOE School House Program – The Major Refurbishment of 50 DOE Residences located on School Grounds.
Key project facts
- 125 major refurbishments
- 392 heating cooling and solar instalments
- 12 new builds across the state
- New Supply Program
- Heating and Cooling Program
- DOE School House Program
Instrumental to the works conducted is ensuring the engagement of regionally based local builders and contractors to complete the works. THA requested NSWPW proactively measure local participation and APIC through their major contracts and these form part of the data reported back to the Teacher Housing Board.
As explained by THA’s Director “Our objective is simple - more Teachers and Police Officers in houses. We want to stop turning teachers and police officers away because we don’t have the right housing solutions for them. Our partnership with NSWPW underpins our path to achieving this objective.”