Our success is
due to our people
At NSW Public Works, we understand our success is due to our people. We offer our employees interesting, challenging and rewarding work, as well as providing a safe workplace, learning and development, career development opportunities and a supportive culture.
Work with leading project managers and engineers on some of the largest infrastructure, construction and development projects and programs of work in NSW that contribute to regional and rural communities.
Our extensive service line enables lateral career moves and continuous upskilling and learning opportunities.
Discover our why - NSW Public Works
NSW Public Works provides a healthy workplace that values and encourages all employees to maintain good health and an active lifestyle. To support this, we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements for family responsibilities, or to accommodate a staff member's personal health and fitness schedule before, during or after work.
- Access to the Fitness Passport program, which allows staff to use multiple gyms, fitness centres and pools in their area at a reduced cost.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides counselling services for staff to assist with work or personal issues.
- Influenza vaccinations for all interested staff.
Find out all about us - what we stand for and our mission.
Benefits of working for NSW Public Works
- Competitive salary packages.
- Flex time allowing you to log any additional minutes/hours you work in any day and take that time as flex leave later on.
- Generous leave provisions including paid carers', maternity, adoption and parental leave, plus five weeks recreation leave for staff working in the Western Region.
- Work with leaders in their field, with extensive depth and knowledge across our network of 17 offices.
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements that provide a greater work/life balance for staff.
- Training, development, mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Excellent project management framework and processes.
At NSW Public Works we value diversity
Diversity at NSW Public Works
Diversity in the workplace means respecting and valuing the differing skills and experiences our employees bring to NSW Public Works.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the diversity of our existing workforce – whether it is on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
We are also committed to building on the capabilities, knowledge, skills and experience that diversity brings to the organisation.
Australian Defence Force Transition Pathway Program
NSW Public Works has developed a transition pathway program for members considering Transitioning from the Australian Defence Force (or those having transitioned from military service to civilian life in the last 3 years). This targeted program offers excellent training and development opportunities as a steppingstone into the construction and infrastructure industry.
We value and recognise the diverse and transferrable skills offered by ADF personnel and have multiple temporary (two year) positions available per annum working in surveying, GIS/spatial, engineering, or construction management across the business and in all 19 office locations across NSW.
To learn more about the program, interested individuals are encouraged to contact the program sponsor John Anderson, Regional Director, NSW Public Works on 02 4247 4918 or via email at email@example.com or Rosanna Caltabiano on 02 4247 4926 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interesting news articles
Spotlight on staff: Tamworth engineer Meroeh Suesser-ShakerRead more
Year in Review 2021-22 releasedRead more
‘A great support’: Women’s Leadership Network enables mentoring and knowledge sharingRead more
Spotlight on staff: Development opportunity for Tamworth localRead more
Supporting smarter digital design and asset management across regional NSWRead more
Diversity makes us stronger: A spotlight on NSW Public Works staff for Harmony WeekRead more